Friday, April 13, 2012

Why are my app's active installs falling?

Hello again, and welcome back.

Today, I want to share with you an unusual drop in the number of active installs of my app, Computer and IT Quiz.

I've been working hard on the app, and I'd hoped this work would have translated to more downloads of the app.

Unfortunately, I've had a drop in the number of active installs. And not just a small drop. This graph shows active installs for the last six months - check out the drop at the end:



Before the drop, active installs were steadily on the rise, and have been since first publishing the app. Now, the total installs have fallen to a level less than they were a year ago, without any obvious reason.

I did release a bug-riddled version of the app a while back (not intentionally - I didn't test properly!), and it's the only thing I can think of that might have caused this issue...

Let that be a lesson to you folks - always test properly before release.

On a more positive note, I hope that, as I've made a number of improvements over the last two releases (and fixed the bugs), numbers will start to pick up again.

I'll stay positive - if I keep improving the app, the numbers will pick up again.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Did it motivate you to work even harder, or did it cause you to give up? Please comment below and tell us you're story. I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading.
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment