Thursday, June 28, 2012

Busy - but will it be worth it?

These last few weeks at work have been extremely stressful - we have found out just how close we really are to losing our jobs. This has pushed me a lot harder with my Android work, although the added stress makes getting home from work and starting working on Android very tiring.

I need to start earning proper money with Android and not these few dollars I am currently earning (this month it look as though my AdSense ad earnings will be back down again...).

I didn't really want to go down the paid app route, as I enjoy the higher downloads of free apps, and as I hardly ever download paid apps, I figured other people wouldn't either. Anyway, I figured I might as well give it a go.



I have spent quite a lot of time learning a few new tricks in Android development, and one of those is learning how to use an Android library project correctly - this means one project is the main 'library project', and other projects reference code in the library - it saves on a lot of repeated code and layouts. I used this method to split the Computer and IT quiz into two version - Free and Pro.

The Computer and IT Quiz Pro now contains all features of the free version (which is still the same), but has the ads removed and additionally has a review mode to review all questions and answers at the end of the quiz. I have put the pro version up for $2.49, but only released the review feature in the app today. Hopefully it will boost my development income but we can only wait and see.

I will keep you up to date on any progress, and will release the June monthly figures/profits too very soon.

Thanks again for reading. Click here for my next post.
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment