Friday, January 24, 2014

All the Small Things

Over the past few weeks I've been organising my life using a number of various tools to achieve what I need. I've done pretty well using such tools (and there are plenty out there to meet everyone's needs). Using organisational methods and tools I have:

  • Organised my Android development workload and successfully broken it down into micro pieces of work.
  • Stopped smoking (since December 29th 2013).
  • Started losing weight.
  • Sorted out my finances.
  • Kept on top of small things that always seem to need doing (changing car bulbs, cleaning, DIY stuff).
If you don't already keep on top of your life in this way, and particularly if you often forget to do certain tasks (in your personal or work life), then I'd recommend you give it a try.

Trello is extremely useful and allows you to create lists of tasks in various categories, and you can drag them out or archive them when they are complete. You can share these tasks with others and work on them as a team, or keep them for yourself. I use this to organise so much stuff that I don't know how I got on without it!

For an example of the sort of tasks I might create, see this:
Don't smoke whilst out having drinks
Stop smoking for 1 day
Stop smoking for 2 days
Stop smoking for 3 days
Stop smoking for 5 days
Stop smoking for 1 week
Stop smoking for 2 weeks
Stop smoking for 1 month
Don't smoke whilst on holiday in Florida
Don't smoke for 3 months
Don't smoke for 1 year

You can see how small I have gone with these tasks - one day at a time, and it's great. At the time of writing this, I haven't smoked for over three weeks. OK, a little willpower is needed, but if clearing a list of items that need doing spurs you on, then this is the way to go.

You may be thinking now 'This is supposed to be a blog about Making Money with Android Apps, and right you are, but to be successful you need to stay on top of your workload, and by creating tiny tasks like this, you can.

Oh, and if I get 1 more Like on my Facebook page, that gives me a total of 30 - another one of my mini goals achieved!

Many thanks for reading.
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment